The OptiMate Lithium will protect your investment and guarantee your Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4 / LFP) battery will perform as advertised for a very long time. With 5 Amps of charge current available. OptiMate Lithium’s unique multi step Ampmatic program recharges and balances cells within the battery quickly and efficiently. OptiMate Lithium’s maintenance program delivers current to the vehicle circuitry, protecting and keeping the battery at 100% charge.
How it works
- Pre-qualification test: OptiMate Lithium displays the condition of the battery before charging and measures environment temperature. The ampmatic charge program is selected according to temperature and battery condition.
- Low Volts recovery: The safeTº protection mode controls charging during this sensitive battery SAVE stage, to ensure that an over discharged battery will be correctly and safely recovered. Tests are conducted through-out the SAVE program to determine if the battery has successfully recovered and can advance to BULK CHARGE.
- Bulk charge: the ampmatic processor actively adjusts charge current to match battery capacity and condition, achieving a complete charge in the shortest time. Progress is tracked against the ideal charge curve for LiFePO4 batteries.
- Short-circuited / dead cell check: Charge progress is tracked against the ideal LiFePO4 charge curve, internal damage will be detected and unnecessary charging is prevented of a battery that cannot be recovered.
- Absorption and equalisation: for 10 minutes the current is delivered in pulses with voltage controlled between 14.0 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalisation and improving the battery’s overall power delivery.
- Charge verification: the voltage is limited at 13.6V while the ampmatic processor monitors the current absorbed by the battery. If this reveals a less than optimal charge the program reverts to absorption for a further 10 minutes.
- Voltage retention test: is conducted for 30 minutes during which no charge current is delivered, with 5 possible test results indicating the battery’s general state of health. A green (voltage > 12.7V) result extends the test up to 12 hours, to check for excessive self discharge or higher than expected power loss through the vehicle’s electrical system.
- Charge maintenance: The 12 hour MAINTENANCE CHARGE CYCLE consists of 30 minute float charge periods at a voltage of 13.6V followed by and alternating with a 30 minute ‘rest’ (no charge current) periods. During the float charge period current is delivered only if the battery has lost charge due to connected vehicle circuitry. A refresh cycle may be performed if the charge level has dropped significantly. The voltage retention test and maintenance charge cycle will repeat 24 hours after the start of the very first test and continue to repeat for as long as the charger remains connected.
Programme control: ampmaticTM microprocessor
Input current max: 0.55A @ 230V
Typical annual energy cost: Less than £1.00 per year (continuous maintenance)
Reverse drain current: Less than 0.001A
Output current (bulk charge): 0.4A – 5.0A
Charge time limit: 24 hours (maintenance time: unlimited)
Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
Charge retention test: 5 possible results from ‘good’ to ‘bad’
Size: 199 x 71 x 61mm
Enclosure classification: IP54
Mounting: Easy direct wall mounting
Input cable length: 2m
Output cable length: 2m
Included Accessories: O1 Weatherproof Eyelet Lead; O4 Clamp Lead for bench charging
Operation temperature range: -40°C / +50°C